The Orthodox church is organized on a territorial basis and all of Africa is under the jurisdiction of the Patriarchate of Alexandria and All Africa. It covers the following dioceses in Sub-Saharan Africa :
- Archdiocese of Irinoupolis (headquarters in Dar es Salaam).
Territoy : Tanzania, Seychelles.
- Archdiocese of Kenya (headquarters in Nairobi)
Territory : Kenya.
- Archdiocese of Aksoum (headquarters in Addis-Abeba).
Territory : Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia.
- Archdiocese of Kampala and of all of Uganda (headquarters in Kampala).
Territory : Uganda.
- Archdiocese of Johannesbourg and Pretoria (headquarters in Johannesbourg).
Territory : a part of South Africa
- Archdiocese of Cape of Good Hope(headquarters in Cap).
Territory : a part of South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho.
- Archdiocese of Nigéria (headquarters in Lagos).
Territory : Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Niger.
- Archdiocese of Khartoum and all Sudan (headquarters in Khartoum).
- Archdiocese of Central Africa (headquarters in Kinshasa).
Territory: DR of the Congo, Congo, Burundi, Rwanda.
Diocese of Kolwezi.
- Archdiocese of Cameroon (headquarters in Yaoundé).
Territory : Cameroon, Gabon, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tomé-and-Principe, Chad.
- Archdiocese of Zimbabwe (headquarters in Harare).
Territory : Zimbabwe, Angola, Botswana, Malawi,
Diocese of Mozambique,
Diocese of Zambia.
- Archdiocese of Ghana (headquarters in Accra).
Territory : Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso,
- Archdiocese of Guinea (headquarters in Conakry).
Territory : Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Gambia, Senegal and Cap-Vert.
- Diocese of Madagascar (headquarters in Tananarive).
Territory : Madagascar, Maurice, Réunion.
Other churches in Africa
Out of the Oriental Orthodox churches of the three councils (Nicaea, 325- Constantinople, 381- Ephesus, 431), the French syro orthodox church is established in central Africa, mostly in Cameroon. The Orthodox Church of Greece, Holy Synod in Resistance, (follows the Old Calendar) is present in Kenya, DR of the Congo, Uganda and South Africa.